- more than ten years in leading international law firms and industrial companies;
- secondment to leading UK law firm – Linklaters LLP, London, UK;
- managing the legal department in one of the largest industrial companies of Kazakhstan, one-person lawyer in gold mining company, as well as working in a leading international law firm.
- The George Washington University, School of Law, Washington D.C., USA, LL.M in General Law;
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, School of International Studies, New Delhi, India M.A. in International Relations;
- Abai Kazakh National Pedagogical University, Almaty, Kazakhstan, Diploma in International Law.
Botakoz has been working on such projects as:
- advising, drafting proposals to introduce amendments and alterations to the legislative acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as preparation of necessary actions for Public IPO (initial public offering of securities);
- advising, representation of the clients’ interests at the negotiations, drafting agreements and other legal documents for the transaction on construction of power plant in the South Kazakhstan Oblast;
- advising, representation of the clients’ interests at the negotiations, drafting agreements and other legal documents for Italian investors for the transaction on construction of a five-star hotel in Astana for Expo 2017;
- full legal support at EPC (Engineering-Procurement-Construction) transaction for a large oil and gas company;
- full legal support at number of transactions on merger and acquisitions (M&A), sale and purchase (participation interests);
- full support of the activity of a large gold mining company, including changes in the subsoil use contract, the legal support at construction of the new plant, regulation of the process of procurement of goods, works and services by subsoil user;
- performance of the Corporate Secretary functions of and full support of the operations of the holding company, which produces paper and corrugated products, providing logistics and container terminal;
- full legal support at a number of projects on conduction of due diligence of target companies, including companies-subsoil users, telecommunications companies, banks, food companies, and other;
- representation of clients’ interests on the labour law matters, on the side of both, employers and employees;
obtaining various approvals of state bodies, including the consent of the Competition Protection Agency (now the Committee for Regulation of Natural Monopolies and Protection of Competition of the Ministry of National Economy of the Republic of Kazakhstan), State waiver of pre-emptive right to purchase subsoil use right, the consent of the Agency for Regulation of Natural Monopolies (now the Republic of Kazakhstan CRNMPC) on sale of the object of a natural monopoly, trademark registration, and other.